Print Thread
#124364 05/07/05 10:14 AM
B
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
Hi all,
I got this swearkick script but i want it to give a warning first.
The script is like this:
Code:
on +1:text:*pussy*:#:.guser 2 $nick 8 | /2mek | inc %knumber 1
on +2:text:*pussy*:#:set %ban $nick | /2metwo 5Swearkick> We prefer not to have that kind of talk in our room. | .ruser 2 $nick 8 | inc %knumber 1

I thought if i want the the script to warn first put this line in infront of the first line:
Code:

on +1:text:*pussy*:#:.guser 2 $nick 8 | /2me Will $nick be so kind to watch his/her words?

And then change the +1 in +2 and the +2 in +3 so you will have this as a code:
Code:
on +1:text:*pussy*:#:.guser 2 $nick 8 | /2me Will $nick be so kind to watch his/her words?
on +2:text:*pussy*:#:.guser 2 $nick 8 | /2mek | inc %knumber 1
on +3:text:*pussy*:#:set %ban $nick | /2metwo 5Swearkick> We prefer not to have that kind of talkin our room. | .ruser 2 $nick 8 | inc %knumber 1

I also tryed removing the .guser 2 $nick 8 part and the 2 infront of me but that didn't help.
The problem is on testing it kicks right away no warning infront.
What did I do wrong?
All my thanks upfront.

Bullseye

#124365 05/07/05 01:18 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Personally, I prefer named levels for this sort of thing (warn and ban rather than 2 and 3, for example). It prevents problems when running other scripts at a later time.

I can't test the 1/2/3 setup you have right now, and I know the above doesn't really answer your question... just offering it as a suggestion for improving the handling of user levels.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard