mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
However I much prefer mIRC then Chatzilla, I'm not sure what causes the disconnects on mIRC other then the error being a ping timeout, I do not have this issue on Chatzilla, so I assume it's some kind of issue with my internet.

However is there a way to make mIRC less likely to disconnect me on this. I'm not quite sure what I'm trying to ask, I just want it to stay connected, the error tends to be a 10053, which I've tried most of the advice for that even tried forwarding the ports for mIRC. I can stay connected for hours before I get the 10053 and rarely it's reset by peer instead.

I checked the thread based on this and found nothing that fixed it, the only script I use is one to connect to two servers at log on, which is in the remote.ini section and reads as

Quote:
[list]
on 1:START:{

/server name1

/server -m name2

}

Should I use an auto ping script also?

Last edited by EmoHobo; 26/01/12 01:57 PM.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
While this is NOT a complete reply to your issue, it may help some.

What is needed is a little more information from you, but more on that in a line or 2. First, be aware that some networks will disconnect on lack of activity, for this you may need an anti idle script to get around the issue. Also if this is not happening on ALL the networks at the same time, the issue may be with the IRC networks (or the internet) and not you.

Having said this, what would be best to help with your issue is a bit more information, for example, how many scripts are you running, what other things are running on your machine, and what networks (if not all) are you seeing the issue on. Also a description of your system (operating system, size of machine, and version of mIRC your running.

Looking forward to some more info, and others input into your problem.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
I'm using Windows XP

I run a browser, Pidgin with Yahoo, AIM and MSN on it.

The server that gets it more often is Dynastynet

and I'm now using this script as well as the other

Quote:
on *:START:.timerAnti-10053 -o 0 60 scon -at1 raw -q ping Anti-10053
on ^*:PONG:if ($2 == Anti-10053) haltdef

I'm running mIRC 7.22

The problem started about 6 months ago after I changed ISPs from Comcast to Century Link and they gave me a Westel 7500 gateway, I tried forwarding the ports but I'm not sure if that fixed it, because I started reusing mIRC, I moved to Chatzilla for a good 5 months due to that disconnect issue. I started using mIRC yesterday but found out today that I have a bad line on my DSL connection and because of that I can't really give accurate results until they fix that, but hopefully they will be out today or tomorrow to fix it and who knows that might clear up my problem.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Originally Posted By: EmoHobo
I started using mIRC yesterday but found out today that I have a bad line on my DSL connection

Well, duh-- this was probably the issue the whole time. mIRC might be more sensitive to this stuff, for whatever reason, but these scenarios are almost always a line/hardware/configuration issue.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
Yeah, so I'm just hoping it clears up once it's fixed, the connection has been pretty stable today actually, I'm hoping it just stays like this once it's fixed, no disconnects or nothing.

E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
Just had the line fixed, so any results that come will be far more accurate.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Try connect to the servers IP if possible, this can help sometimes, to get the servers IP /dns server_address

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
Thanks for that but I've been able to stay connected for several days with no issue.

Link Copied to Clipboard