mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#184497 29/08/07 09:06 PM
K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
I can't log on because I am banned but I have never used mIRC before. How could I be banned???

Message-

Connecting to irc.unibg.org (6667)
-
-irc.unibg.org- *** Processing connection to irc.UniBG.org
-
* Identd request from 217.75.128.65
* Identd replied: 21875, 6667 : USERID : UNIX : kingzing
-
-irc.unibg.org- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-irc.unibg.org- *** Checking Ident
-
-irc.unibg.org- *** Found your hostname
-
-irc.unibg.org- *** Got Ident response
-
-irc.UniBG.org- *** G-lined
-
-irc.UniBG.org- *** Banned floood (2007/8/29 17.57)
-
Closing Link: 127.0.0.1 (*** Banned )

Whats up with that???

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Go to the network's web site, find a contact address, and send them an email.

That's about all you can do at this point.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Based on my usage of UnrealIRCd, a G-line is placed on an IP address. Your IP address, from your post, is 217.75.128.65
The network may have a G-line entry that matches 217.75.128.*, so anyone that tries to connect from a matching address will be g-lined. This is usually the case when a person causes problems, gets g-lined, then tries to evade the g-line by using a different IP address.

Regarding the reason, it is given, in the 2nd last line
Quote:
-irc.UniBG.org- *** Banned floood (2007/8/29 17.57)

Note that the date and time of the g-line is being given. The date and time might not match yours (might be earlier, might be later), as it is based on the time where the server is located, or GMT (I can't tell which it is from what is poated)

Z
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Z
IIRC a G:Line is placed on a hostmask, and a Z:Line/GZ:Line is placed on the IP. Not sure if I'm right though.

The best way to fix this problem is to contact the IRC Operators of your network.

A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
I WANT TO TAL DIRECTLY TO THE MANAGER OF THIS SITE
I THINK YOU ALL DONT INTEREST THE SOUTHAMERICAN CHANNELS
BUT I M GOING TO TELL:
~edit~
SANE PEOPLE HATE THIS CHANNEL
PLEAS TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE YOU HIRE FOR THIS CHANNEL
IT S SAD

Ment edit: Your report is nothing to do with this website. Please don't type in all caps.

Last edited by Mentality; 17/09/07 09:50 AM.
Z
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Z
Er, you're in the wrong place. mIRC is the application to connect to a server/network. That has nothing to do with mIRC/Khaled.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Report the channel along with your logs to a IRC-Operator on that network, if you dont know who to talk to, join a channel where the IRC-Operators are, you often can see where they are in your status when you connect to the server, or you can always try #help and there ask for the IRC-Operators channel.

And a litle advice to you, never write in CAPS, it's like shouting on the internet, and thats not a nice thing to do.

Last edited by sparta; 16/09/07 11:36 AM.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
As stated mIRC is just another IRC client that connects to a server, and Khaled has nothing to do with the servers either. I don't think bringing it up with the IRCops will do much good because they really aren't doing anything wrong in my opinion anyway.

It becomes illegal when paedophilia type pictures are being sent/received across the network. In any case that individual was probably just joking around and you can't do anything about that. Sadly there is quite a few idiots like that floating around networks. As a side note, it's up to the channel owner to keep in/out whoever they want. And anything goes in their own channel, providing they keep to the networks rules.

Link Copied to Clipboard