Print Thread
#79700 17/04/04 09:15 PM
D
despair Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
mIRC has been working wierdly lately. I would connect and i could joni channels at first, but minutes later i cant join any channels are see what is happening in the channels. I can PM people but if they respond back i cant see what they wrote. they can only see what i write to them. I scan for viruses but none were found.

#79701 17/04/04 09:26 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Lag could be a possibility, have you tried changing servers? More likely, something in a script could be slowing you down, or you are low on resources. Does it happen when you dont have other applications open that may be using up all your resources? When i try to join a channel and nothing happens, or i cant open options or some other wierdness, i check performance tab in Windows System Properties, and sure enough, i'm low on resources cause win98se is playing its memory leak game on me.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#79702 17/04/04 09:31 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Although doubtful, you might also want to check your ignore list:

/ignore -l

That will list your ignores. Check if you have something like *!*@* on your ignore list. Might be the reason for not seeing PMs, but I doubt that's the cure for your entire problem. You can use /ignore -r * to remove that.

Best of luck smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#79703 18/04/04 02:58 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Try disabling (for the time being) any firewall software you may be running. I found running these often an inbound packet would be blocked, causing one side of the connection to stall as it had lost sequence.

If this proves to be the case you may need to update the firewall or add some less stringent rules for the IRC server. I could be totally off track though.

This could also be an MTU issue with your router, however these usually become evident when you initially connect (as at that stage you are sent a lot of burst data from motd, lusers, numerics, autojoins etc.).

Hope that helps smile

Link Copied to Clipboard