mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
F
I've gotten my grubby little paws on a long enoghstretch of CAT5 to link our downstairs (modem included) computer to a hub upstairs which has my computer and my brothers' connected to it, and downloaded winproxy to share the connection with those upstairs. At last, IRC in my bedroom! :P

My first attempt at a DCC failed, being as it was to a friend of mine running an IRCd on his system, and I attributed it to winproxy, and gave up on that for the time being.

On the side, when both my brother and I were connected to DALnet through Winproxy, he successfully sent a Document to me tthrough DCC. It had me fooled, until I remembered it was a 'DIRECT Cilient to Client' connection. (¬_¬)

So, what can I do to pummel a DCC out into the world outside? I'm looking for advice from both the mIRC end and the NAT end.

If you've never used winproxy, but have experience and could help me with setting it up for another (free?) NAT program?

TIA one and all,

Fakazakh

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Make sure that you have the "server method" of hostname lookup specified in the local info.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
You can check the info in this thread . The practically networked url has some info on NAT and i think also on winproxy

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard