mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Hi i have a issue yesterday when i used mirc v.7.45 it was freezing later in the evening when i tried logging on but earlier in the day it didnt so i unistalled tried updating to 7.46 same issue but if i did mirc 6.35 it opened how it should til i pressed connect then after it froze before i could even enter a channel i use windows 10 same as my laptop and it works on my laptop which is making me think it might be on my desktop here so i dunno what to do but help would be great thanks.

And prior to this mirc worked on my computer. it also says not responding now eek

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you open the Options dialog Connect/Options/Ports section, is your UPnP enabled? If it is, disable it and try connecting again. Does that resolve the issue?

K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Hi khaled i cant change it to see if it helps because after i downloaded it i clicked it to open it... it freezes right away and on top says its not responding but it works ok the same version on my laptop for windows 10 so i did a test on it on my desktop apperantly mirc v 6.21 and 6.16 works on my desktop without a issue i tried 6.3 and 6.31 and 7 and above and it seems when it goes from 6.3 and above to 7.46 it freezes right away and says not responsive so i dunno what it could be since it used to work okay.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you install a clean copy of mIRC, downloaded from the mIRC website, into a new, empty folder, for example, in your Windows Documents folder, using the "portable" install option in the installer, and then run that copy of mIRC, do you see the same issue?

K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
I tried this and it works now thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard