mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
Immidiataly after being recognized I get disconnected and get the message: unable to resolve server (karaoke)
Also with startup I get since some days a lot of text (Welcome to RatzBag etc.
And also cannot resolve hostname, using IP adress instead
Then:NickServ this Nickname is protected if it is yours type /msg NickServe etc..... and when I do that I am recognized but before karaoke opened automaticaly but when I try to open it manual I get disconnected. Can I get some help to solve this problem. Thanks a lot.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It sounds like you're trying to connect to the server karaoke, rather than joining the channel #karaoke.
Please provide the server name/address that you are connecting to (looks like the network is called RatzBag, based on your post), so that we can attempt to verify or clarify the situation.

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for your reply RusselB.
When I open mIRC I see this:

simply type /go this will connect you to the right network and put you into the proper channel for downloading karaoke files
When I type /go I see: Connecting to irc.karaokevault.com(6669)
and later in blue letters:
KIDreamers.RatzBag.Net-***Looking up your hostname, couldn't resolve your hostname;using your IP adress instead
and IRC VERSION and then welcome to the RatzBag.Net etc...
Then I see NickServ this nickname is registered etc... type /msg NickServ IDENTITY password, otherwise choose a different Nick
I do that /msg etc and when I click the karaoke mp3 I get disconnected. When I dont click on anything. I come in #orphans and get the message:
You are not in any channels. This makes you appear as if you are a malicious connection. You are now being forced into our IDLE channel.
What is wrong in my configuration and what can I do to get connected right again? Thanks again.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
sounds like you need to contact the person who designed/wrote the script you use.

Happy mIRC user on Linux
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Alternatively it could be a code that is being implemented at the network level, which monitors all connections and forces those that don't join a channel within a certain time frame into one specific channel.

Again, to the OP, please post the network address so that we have a chance to check this ourselves.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Heh Russelb the OP did name a network its irc.karaokevault.com. To the OP I cheated and used xchat to xconnect and got in pretty easily see:-
Looking up irc.karaokevault.com
* Connecting to irc.karaokevault.com (72.20.26.140) port 6667...
* Connected. Now logging in...
* *** Looking up your hostname...
* *** Found your hostname
* Received a CTCP VERSION from IRC
* Welcome to the RatzBag IRC Network

Tried with mIRC and it connects fine, I really suspect that /go feature you use, is it a mIRC script or a feature of the IRCD?

Happy mIRC user on Linux
P
OP Offline
P
Where can I find the network address you are asking for? I am not that technical with programs
I us mIRC version 6.21
Some months ago I upgraded to this version because my old version was not working anymore, it worked for a long time with the /go command.
I only did place mIRC on a backup while cleaning up my computer and after I put it back I get this.
When I open the mIRC program the following is what I see:
-----------------------------------
-Support website: http://www.kisupport.com
-Live help (while connected to network): /kisupport
-Now that you're all set up, you simply type /go
-This will connect you to the right network and put you
-into the proper channel for downloading karaoke files

-NOTE: DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER VERSION/SCRIPT/PROGRAM!
-WE ONLY PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR THIS ONE (mIRC for TCKG5)
-------------------------------

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
As Constantine pointed out, you had already provided it. I simply missed it.

Regarding that program, you have the official help site address for it.
Personally I wouldn't use a program that has the restrictions specified (see the Note at the end of your post).

Finally, mIRC is not meant for downloading files, per the sticky located here

J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
I can not get on for it says that I have been banned from newbies and I don't know why. I am new and don't know what I have done wrong

Link Copied to Clipboard