Print Thread
#197697 12/04/08 05:16 PM
D
DV8 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
I'm on dial-up. My ISP disconnects me every 8 hours, so I use an auto re-dialer called CiDial. When I was using mIRC 6.21 on Windows 98, I had it set up to automaticaly reconnect to the IRC server after CiDial reconnected to my ISP. I even wrote a script to reclaim my main nick after it's ghost was kicked off the server.

I just got a new computer and I'm using 6.31 on Vista Home. Now mIRC won't attempt to disconnect from the server after my connection is dropped and then reconnect. I have "Reconnect on disconnection" and "Check for timed out connection" both checked in Options and "Enable connect retry" checked under Retry with a delay of 40 seconds (that's how long it takes CiDial to reconnect) just like before but it just sits there until I hit the disconnect button.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? Thanks.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I asume that (after the ISP disconnect and subsequent reconnect), if you do NOT hit disconnect, but try to send some command to the server (or some message to a channel), THEN the disconnect is detected by mIRC?
If this is the case, the in-built "check for timeout" feature is not working properly for you. You could try some custom script instead, akin to this one: a timer sending every-so-often a message to the server, e.g. a ping.

D
DV8 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Originally Posted By: Horstl
I asume that (after the ISP disconnect and subsequent reconnect), if you do NOT hit disconnect, but try to send some command to the server (or some message to a channel), THEN the disconnect is detected by mIRC?

Correct.

That script seems to do the trick. Thanks for your help!

Link Copied to Clipboard