mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
spmhan Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
For some bizarre reason, I am unable to connect to any EFnet server, but only EFnet, and only on mIRC. I can connect to Dalnet and Undernet with no problem, but not EFnet. Stranger yet, I use another client like Xircon or Pirch98, and EFnet connects with no problem. I don't want to use another client though, I like my Mirc. I've tried every server, including the common ones that always work like irc.blessed.net that always work, but nothing. I've tried changing the port and it still does not connect. It simply attempts to connect to the server for about a minute and either automatically disconnects, or gives me this error * [10053] Software caused connection abort. I'm not using any firewalls right now, and I scanned for Spyware and Adware, so that can't be the problem either. Anyone have any clue what could be wrong?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Did you check out the sticky thread at the top of the forum? It has lots and lots of suggestions, some more extreme than others.

If it's just EFnet, it's quite possibly them being the issue, strange as it seems. Perhaps try contacting EFnet administrators and see if they have any suggestions?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard