mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
I run two iterations of mIRC pointing each to different ".ini" files to control options. This lets me manage my screen space better.

One iteration runs windows on 3 networks using the Remote script and "server" commands. The other only needs one network, but is running the same script.

I see the scripts are stored in "script.ini" but I can't find a way to force the mirc ini file to point to 2 different script files. I added "scripts= xxx" to files section, but that didn't work.

Any suggestion on how to run 2 copies of mirc with scripts to choose which networks?

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
one way would be to call a routine in the perform section, and in the called routine, test which network its running on, and only load the scripts eneded for that network.

so perform would call a remote that is always loaded. and that romote would test network ($network), and load the scripts you need for that network. and as a last thing before ending mIRC you could run a remote that would unload all but the one call by perform.

This is only one of several ways to control mirc based upon the netork connected to. Hope it helps.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!

Link Copied to Clipboard