mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
module Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
I don't know if tihs has been posted, way too many posts to look through, if it has, my apologizes. I figured this out for myself and helped a few other people that had the same problem. The problem is, mIRC retreives the Internal IP either from the Router/NIC/Etc (not too sure if my terms are correct, not too familiar with this stuff yet). Anyways, here's a little script you can add in the Remotes section. (NOTE; If you're using a Vhost (virtual host) this won't work. The server you connect to gathers you're IP and Hostname supplied to you by your ISP not the Internal IP/Host. Here's the small code that should help:
ON *:CONNECT:{
if (($ip) && ($host)) { .localinfo $host $ip }
}

Hope this helps a few people smile

It's not in the GUI, it's in the source.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
While it might help I'm not sure that it will. $host and $ip return the host and IP mIRC already know about, and /localhost changes the host and IP mIRC know about.

Changing the lookup method to "Server" in mIRC Options -> Connect -> Local Info should fix it for people who aren't using vhosts/etc.

M
module Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
Yeah I forgot about that lol. *shakes his head* I'ma bit rusty heh...

It's not in the GUI, it's in the source.
R
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
R
I tried running the script... got nothing. I'm running a DSL behind WIreless Linksys w/ router + firewall. Any help would be appreciated.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:
I don't know if tihs has been posted, way too many posts to look through

You can use the Search feature to find other posts, as many topics have already been covered. Make sure you search for something like "DSL" or "Router" rather than "I'm having DSL and Router problems". For best results, expand to 'All Forums' and expand the date range to 'All Posts' smile

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
try this thread

remember the problem could be in many places (firewall/router/dsl settings/ip mismatch, etc), try the things that apply to you in that thread one at a time.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard