Print Thread
#58726 01/11/03 09:42 PM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
* [10053] Software caused connection abort

Why do I always get this and why won't my ident register when I connect and I sent $20 to register my mirc 6.12 and why havent I recieved anything to be able to register it? mad

#58727 01/11/03 09:48 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
look at the thread directly above this one, buy some glasses too.

new username: tidy_trax
#58728 01/11/03 09:56 PM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Why dont you look at the time they were posted and your the one that needs glasses...

#58729 01/11/03 10:00 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Actually at the time he posted that "10053 error, software caused connection abort" was the post directly above yours.

Posting order:
Parabrat - 10053 error, software caused connection abort
SassyBrat - help?
pheonix - Re: help?
kjp_72 - I keep getting disconnect!!! argh!
Collective - Re: I keep getting disconnect!!! argh!
SassyBrat - Re: help?

#58730 03/11/03 06:59 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Ok, there is no need for anyone to be rude and toss in comments about who needs glasses.

Since most thread order gets changed as newer ones are added, when referring to the "sticky" threads (those are always at the very top with images that look like push pins) its better to say something like look at the threads at the very top, perhaps giving the subject line as well. Stickies are set to stay at the very top since they are about some of the more commonly asked issues.

Sassy: There is a sticky thread regarding what ppl have reported about the 10053 error. Altho i'm not sure exactly what you mean about your "ident register", there is also a sticky about enabling identd. Im not sure if you mean you are getting a msg about the server not getting an identd response, or if you mean the network is asking you to identify to the nick you are using. Regardless, neither is a mIRC specific issue.

Registering a nick and then identifying to it to verify its yours depends on the networks policies about nicknames. Not getting an identd response is explained in the sticky i mentioned, but is essentially a reply from your provider to a request by the server you connected to.

Registering mIRC has nothing to do with identd or identifing to a nick. Its registering your copy of mIRC, and mIRC has no connection to any network. If you havent received an email giving you the registration code for mIRC, you could try http://www.mirc.com/reglost.html . Double check your email client, looking in wherever they send what they consider "junk" or "spam", sometimes legitimate mail gets dumped in there (altho its generally only held for a week or so)

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard