mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Sayajin Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Hi. I know that this may sound like a stupid question considering all of the posts about connection issues however bear with me for a second. I was wondering what ports I need to open to connect with MIRC? I cant connect to IRC because of the fact that I am beind a router. I have looked at almsot all of the posts and none of them give me the information that I need. The thing is that I dont have a gateway or hostname or password or anything like that so I cant set it in the firewall options. I have selected the whole proxy option as well as the firewall option and neither work.

Normally when I need to connect to something from behind my router I just need to know what ports it uses so I can open those. So I was wondering if someone could please tell me ALL of the ports MIRC uses to connect? Yes I know that it says a few ports in options and you can set others, however I have opened those and its still not working.

Also if its not just the ports can somsone please tell me how to connect from behind a router? I would truly appreciate it!

Sayajin

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
First of all, in mIRC's firewall options, set that to NONE (if you dont see the word NONE, leave your cursor on the lil arrow for the drop down and use the up/down arrows on your keyboard)

I dont know what error you are seeing when you try to connect to an IRC networks server, but are you sure the one you are trying is a valid linked server?
try typing in your status window one of these at a time:
/server b0rk.uk.quakenet.org
/server 213.221.165.248

the common server ports used to connect to an IRC network:
6660-6669,7000-7001 and port 113 for identd. the ports you see listed in mIRC's dcc options (1024-5000) are those used to dcc.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard