mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Wrote a simple script to connect with two servers at start up, that works fine. I am trying to join channels using the script, I can join one channel per server but on the second server, the second channel does not join.

Any help with my syntax would be appreciated.

on *:START:{
server irc.irchighway.net -j #ebooks
server -m irc.myanonamouse.net -j #anonamouse.net,#am-members

]

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your alias ends with a square brace instead of a curly brace, but that would simply create an error message then continue trying to execute anything below the event.

Does it still happen if you add a 3rd channel name? Perhaps the channel requires you to already be identified to nickserv before you try to join it. Try a 3rd channel name you know doesn't exist, and use it as the 3rd one. Or try swapping the order of the 2 channels.

L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Thanks for the reply, I had already found the square bracket as opposed to the brace, how embarrassing.

I do think there is a timing issue, the non-existent channel I inserted at your suggestion generates a "unable to join channel error"

The other valid channel produces the message "you need to be identified to a registered account to join this channel" after that there is a message Nickserv password accepted, you are now recognized.

It appears I am trying to join that channel before the server can recognize me.....

Any ideas?

L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Answering my own question. mIRC was attempting to join a channel that required me to be logged in or identified. That was not happening until after the join command failed, so, by including the login info in the script, the problem was solved. Thanks to all for reading, here is what I did:

on *:START:{
server irc.irchighway.net -j #ebooks
server -m irc.myanonamouse.net +6697 <password> -j #anonamouse.net,#am-members
}

Last edited by LabLover; 15/11/18 07:09 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard