Print Thread
#239497 02/11/12 02:26 PM
J
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
Hi folks,

I used to use mIRC pretty frequently but haven't used it much in recent years. That said, I'm getting back into IRC a bit and there are all kinds of behaviours that mIRC doesn't seem to do any longer, if that makes sense. I'm sure that what I'm trying to do is easily possible, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated! smile

1) What are the rules for tiling windows? It used to be, back in the day, that when you hit tile horizontal, for example, it would tile windows by last active, so your most recent active window was at the top, etc. For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to get mIRC to tile things the way I'd like.

2) With regards to highlighting windows, is there any way to disable highlighting for visible (albeit inactive) windows? Like, if the window is not minimized within mIRC, I don't want to know if there's new text there, because I can actually see people chatting. If a window IS minimized within mIRC, though, I'd like to be able to see if it's got anything new in it at a glance (through highlighting the window name). Right now, even if I have three windows tiled nicely together, anything that is not my currently active window shows me the highlight. Further, if mIRC is not my active program (and I'm alt-tabbed to say, Firefox elsewhere on my screen), even the active window in mIRC will show me a highlight...

I know these are somewhat silly and inconsequential questions, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Julie smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
2) If you script highlighting this can be achieved by checking $window(#chan).state, which can return values such as 'normal', 'minimized' or 'hidden'. It's not a default option afaik.

Link Copied to Clipboard