mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
I have never been able to receive files that other users send me. To illustrate this, I ran two instances of mIRC, one with the nickname PedroSJC, and the other as PeterSJC:

1. PedroSJC issues Tools | Send File... to send a file to PeterSJC. After completing the dialog, he sees the status messages "Sending request, Awaiting reply".

2. PeterSJC sees the File Warning dialog box and clicks OK. He then sees the mIRC DCC Get dialog box and clicks Accept. He then sees a "0% Get PedroSJC Photo_021707_006.jpg" dialog box with the status messages "Accepting send, Connection failed". In the status window, he sees "DCC Get of Photo_021707_006.jpg from PedroSJC incomplete (unable to connect)".

3. PedroSJC sees the status messages "Awaiting reply, Transfer timed out".

I am running mIRC v6.3 under Vista. I am not using Windows Firewall and have turned off all of the Norton Internet Security settings.

Any ideas?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Depending on your modem/router, sending to yourself can be very difficult if not impossible. You should do your tests with someone else sending to you.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
I get the same results when others try to send files to me. I sent to myself only to illustrate the problem in a controlled situation.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Make sure mIRC or a script aren't blocking downloads. Also, if you're at a business and/or university, they may block them. There's also the possibility of your ISP blocking them. You can try having the files sent from other ports. Beyond that, mIRC's not meant for filesharing and you probably aren't going to get much more help on the problem here.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard