Print Thread
#180099 03/07/07 10:20 PM
W
willmar Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
So, I downloaded mirc no problem. The setup process completes and my last option is "Run IRC or Download FAQ". I click on 'Run IRC' and nothing happens.

I have the mirc621.exe icon on my desktop and an icon labeled mIRC - but the mIRC icon is a blank icon/shortcut - when you click on it, it says "windows is searching for mIRC" but never finds it.

Incidentally, I HAVE sent in my $20 registration.

I restarted my computer but that didn't help. I also deleted the file folder off 'My computer' and downloaded it again. Same results. It goes through all the downloadind but never actually runs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You might want to try downloading from a different link from the download page

Occasionally a link there does go down.

As a side note, the fact that you have paid the registration fee, is irrelevant. mIRC is fully functional, whether it's registered or being used during the trial period.

Aside from that, I'm sorry to say I have no idea.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The fact that your mIRC icon is "blank" indicates that the EXE has been removed. This is usually caused by an Antivirus or Anti-Spyware program that either incorrectly treats it as a virus or else considers it a "potentially unwanted program". You'll need to set mIRC as being safe and/or disable your AV program before installing mIRC.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
willmar Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
Riamus,

That was the problem! I went and tinkered a little with my McAfee and voila!

You were right, it was blocking 'other programs'.

Back in business.

Thanks much!

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
The fact that your mIRC icon is "blank" indicates that the EXE has been removed. This is usually caused by an Antivirus or Anti-Spyware program that either incorrectly treats it as a virus or else considers it a "potentially unwanted program". You'll need to set mIRC as being safe and/or disable your AV program before installing mIRC.

I noticed that Zone Alarm doing this, so if you using Zone Alarm, disable the Anti Spyware, that solved the problem for me.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard