mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
For some odd reason IRC disconnects me automatically when I'm downloading. When IRC disconnects me, my entire Internet is also disconnected and I have to restart my computer to get Internet back up and running.

Anyone know why this is a problem? I'm running XP Pro, and using Invision 2.0.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Are you using a USB modem ?

Happy mIRC user on Linux
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
I am not using a USB modem. I have cable Internet connected via ethernet card/cable.

It's weird, especially if I have multiple channels open, and downloading from multiple sources; I get disconnected quickly. However, even though I'm downloading from one source (i.e., channel) I still get disconnected.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Most of these kinds of problems are associated with routers, antivirus programs, or conflicts with other programs such as P2P programs.

Remember that mIRC's a chat program, though. If you remember that and use better download methods, you won't have any problem at all since you won't be using DCC. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Well, that's the thing...

1. I don't have any anti-virus program
2. I have no p2p programs on my computer

Although...I do have a router, but how is it that I can connect and d/l (and chat :D) for awhile but then get disconnected suddenly as though someone pulled the internet plug from my computer (i.e., with regard to the router)?

M
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
M
Find a network diagnostic program (or some program that displays text represantation of socket errors). See if there is error similar to "No buffer space available" or "Buffer is full". It can happen if the connection is faster than your hard drive, your windows is too old or some program that also use sockets freezes.
Try also not to restart the computer, but write to command prompt:
Code:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Last edited by Masterkiller; 14/05/07 10:10 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you don't have any antivirus program installed, you shouldn't be on the internet at all. That could be your problem right there. It's quite possible that you have a virus that is causing the problem when mIRC's being used.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard