mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#167747 29/12/06 03:48 PM
D
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
I have recently tried to use the Favorites feature of mIRC and found oddity. If I mark channel as "Join on connect" it would be joined on connect - but not on reconnect.

Searching the prehistoric mirc help gave no results. (Apparently the /autojoin (regardless its name) does reverse - it deleys/prevents joining, but not joins channels marked for autojoining.)

How it is possible to automatically rejoin channels marked for automatic joining on reconnect?

P.S. Off-topic. Is there any better irc client? I mean irc client that did not stuck in MS-DOS times: with good modern help system, user friendly function and/or some scripting facilities. mIRC has scripting - but compared even to 2 decade old bourne shell it sucks big time. And it is of course undocumented. Having all commands dumbly listed in N pages also doesn't help. Variables are at large also undocumented. Etc. Is there any better alternatives for Windows platform?

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I guess you have problems reading the helpfile, then. It does say:
Quote:

/autojoin [-nsdN]

Can be used in the on CONNECT event or Perform section to delay or prevent autojoining of channels

Where -n = join now, -s = skip autojoin, -dN = delay autojoin for N seconds.

Note: This also affects the rejoining of open channel windows during a reconnect.

And testing confirms what it says.

Sais
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Do you have Alt-O > IRC > Rejoin Channels on Connect checked?

As for your last paragraph, just search the internet for IRC clients. mIRC is the only one with decent scripting. As for the help file, the latest version has a CHM help file (CHM is modern). As far as being undocumented, I rarely run into trouble finding the answer to a question by looking in the help file and most veteran scripters will agree that it is the best resource for scripting. When you do run into a question, then this forum or a scripting channel are a great second resource. Finally, I'm not sure what you are referring to as far as variables. Variables are USER created and can't be documented by mIRC. %fun could store anything -- mIRC has no way to know, so cannot document it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard