mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#86308 10/06/04 08:44 AM
Spock Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
With older versions of mIRC I had my windows auto-maximize. With v6.15 I seem to have to do it manually. I want to be able to auto-maximize without having to join a channel in my perform script.

My perform script is almost empty, so I was not using commands in there to maximize any windows, as I do not auto-join any channels.

It is a minor problem, but just annoying enough for me to ask if there is a simple solution staring me in the face and I'm too stupid to see it. I've done a search on "maximize" and tried the "/windows -x" option, but I need to give the window a name and decided there must be a simpler way.

Any useful feedback would be appreciated.

G
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
G
Here's what I did to get that result.

I opended mIRC, maximized mIRC's main window, maximized the status window, saved the position for the status window. After that, every windows I opened were maximized.

Spock Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
How do you save the position of the window? I have looked through the options, but nothing leaps out at me.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Hopefully I understand your question correctly but my guess is there is an icon right next to the word "File" on the menubar that looks like a chat window (blue top/white background with red lines).

My guess is after you have maximized mIRC and the windows you click on that little "chat window" icon to get a menu of various options. Hover over "position" and click "save" or "save all".

Spock Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
BINGO! Thanks, that did it. cool

It's to the left of the File Menu "File" and is listed under "Position".

Wonder how long it will take me to forget about it? blush

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I'm glad you solved your issue. Now remembering it should be relatively easy once you clicked on it a few times. LOL smile

Link Copied to Clipboard