#64069 14/12/03 04:45 PM
T
tuc Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Hi,

I've enabled a "Perform" for "All Networks", "Other Networks" and the one I really wanted it for, which was a private server that I made my own network up for. I put the command "/quote pass MYPASS" into it, but it just WON'T do it. I've got the latest version, and this is really bugging me. What did I do wrong, or where do I go? I clicked the checkbox to have it perform the action.

Thanks, Tuc

#64070 14/12/03 10:13 PM
J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
By entering the same command in both "all networks" , "other networks" and a "specific network", you may have confused it, since that doesnt follow the programs intended logic. This option is to set one set of commands to be performed on "all networks", a 2nd seperate set of commands on specific networks, and then a 3rd different set of commands on "other networks". So try with this command in either All nets only, or your specific net only. The other question is, since this quote pass isnt a mirc command, does your private irc network ircd accept this command when its used manually, after you connect. If its not a valid command for whatever irc server program you use on that network, it may not be a Perform option issue.

#64071 14/12/03 10:24 PM
T
tuc Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I originally put it only in my "specific network". It didn't work then. So at that point I'm sure I wasn't confusing it.

/quote pass PASSWORD is valid, it is the main command that should be passed to dircproxy which we are using.

So I did try it only in the specific network, the command is valid to the ircd/dircproxy, so the next issue is..............

Why doesn't it work still...... :-/

Thanks, Tuc

#64072 14/12/03 10:49 PM
J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
I can't help you with dircproxy or your proxy command, but to assure that your mIRC Perform on connect option is working, put a normal mirc command in there, and connect to a normal irc server without your proxy bouncer. If that works then your mirc question is answered and you need to look for a dircproxy help site.

#64073 15/12/03 01:05 AM
T
tuc Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Ok, did what you said and that works.

So, what happens from the server that triggers MIRC to execute the command. Why doesn't it do it when it first logs on? Why doesn't it do it during the printing of the MOTD? I guess I need to understand what the paramters are for it to decide "Ok, its time". Then I can go back to dircproxy and say "Well, MIRC is expecting you to send it a framastat of type blorg before it'll execute the command. Is there a way dircproxy can do that for it?"

Thanks, Tuc

Link Copied to Clipboard