#17680 01/04/03 01:07 AM
S
Suse Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Hi

I am new to all of this and have just started a trial period . I was really excited but now I am really really getting frustrated over this. The problem is this. I go into a channel and will select a file that I would like to download. The download does great and I can extract and open it. I choose (in this case I will say music) the music I want, copy and than do the Ctrl V to paste. I can see the little time clock working but where does the files go. They are not in the sounds file so I can't play any of the music. If anyone out there could help it would be much appreciated.I

Thank you

Suse

#17681 01/04/03 01:15 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Could they possibly be in the downloads folder of your mIRC directory?

#17682 01/04/03 02:00 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
You said you get the download fine, and can open it... im not sure why you are then copy/pasting, but it would paste to wherever you told it to go from wherever you found it to copy it. Unless we are having a terminology misunderstanding here and by download/ going great/extract/open you meant only that you got into the senders directory to choose what you want, initiated the download and then dunno where the files went to?

In mIRC's options, file/options/dcc/folders you can specify where you want certain file types to go by their extension. (under "dcc get folders") When you play it using /splay or /sound, mIRC will also then know what directory its in so it can send the command. You can look at the ext there to see what its currently set for, which may help you find them.

By default i would guess they went to mirc/sound or mirc/download. Use windows start/find/files or folders to track them down.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard