mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
Hi all!

I brought this question to the forum because I honestly don't know if such a thing as I'm asking is possible or not.

SO! Here's my question.

There's a specific channel on a specific server I want to go back to, basically every time I use IRC. Now, mIRC remembers the SERVER but doesn't keep the channel open so I can reconnect.

Is there a setting I can use to maintain that information between program starts? I tend to leave mIRC running when I'm on the computer, but well, I do have to shut it down occasionally and I'd like the program to remember where I was when I return.

I don't mean "connect at startup" because sometimes I want to start the program, but maybe not connect immediately because I have to do other things first. THAT setting I found easily enough.

Hopefully someone can answer my question. smile It may be a bit of an odd one.

--

Yes, I know I can just save the channel to my favorites, and I've done that, but it would be nice if it was just THERE when I opened mIRC.

Hopefully my question makes sense! If you need clarification just ask!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's not really possible for channel windows to be manually opened (and empty) before mIRC is connected to a server. IE, upon starting the program, like a reopened browser tab while offline.

mIRC can be configured to automatically join channels upon connect, either via Favorites, or via script.

--

If you want more persistence in your IRC experience between reboots, and even across multiple computers, then you can install a bounce(BNC)-proxy software on a remote linux computer, which stays connected to your favorite servers and channels, and will act as your own private IRC server to connect to. ZNC is the most popular of these BNCs, and you will require ownership or lease rent on somebody else's linux server.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard