Print Thread
T
Tracers Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
The release notes of 7.27 state:
"The way incremental search works in channel nickname listboxes has been changed so that it behaves more like Windows explorer."

I am having trouble with this feature in the channels listing..
I can't seem to get this to work. It worked before quite nicely, just hit the letter and it went down to that.

Is there a trick to this?

Thanks

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You mean that if you select the nick listbox and you press a letter key on your keyboard the highlight doesn't go to the first nick beginning with that letter?
Because this works perfectly fine for me.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you are experiencing an issue similar to the one mentioned in this post, the issue should be fixed in the next version.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I just tried this out and I'm noticing some odd things with it that I don't think relate to that post. In one channel, I have my nick and one other nick that starts with R. My nick starts with Ri and the other nick starts with Ru. I'm an op and the other is a regular user. If I select the first nick in the channel (an op other than myself) and press R, I would expect to first go to my nick because I'm the first R in the channel. And even if it isn't based on the location in the nick list, but instead is based on alphabetical, then my nick should still be first. Instead, the Ru nick gets selected when pressing R. Based on the linked post, I will be able to cycle between them after the change so that I could still get to my nick, but I would still expect my nick to be first. I'm not sure if the change relating to that post will do that or not?

The second thing I noticed is in a different channel with 3 nicks starting with S, if I click a nick other than those and press S, it doesn't take me to any of the S nicks. And in fact, in that channel it doesn't matter which letter I press... it won't select any nick from the nick list. When I went back to the first channel, I found that I could not select any nicks besides that one Ru nick by pressing a single letter. No other letters would take me to a nick. If I press the first 2 letters of a nick, I do get where I want to be, but there appears to be a problem selecting a nick with just one letter pressed.

I thought perhaps it might relate in some way to the IAL, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm not sure what makes a single letter select a nick or not even when it should.

And even when I can select someone in one channel by pressing a single letter, I can't select them in a different channel even though it is the same person. Maybe the fix for the linked post will fix this as well, but I think it may be bigger than that.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard