mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
So I have been having some problems with new RAM... I think. My computer locked up (it has done this before and mIRC has been fine), so I ran a memtest. Booted into Windows, suddenly mIRC thinks it's been fresh installed. None of my settings are the same; I made a backup of what I had once it occured but I don't know how current it is; my aliases, config, etc seem okay. I restarted windows and this still occurs.

My colors are off and all my options seem reset. It just simply won't use the files in C:\users\<me>\appdata\roaming\mirc. Any ideas wtf happened? It seems to be writing new files over the old ones as well.

Edit: Yes I am on 7.17. I tried reinstalling but no dice.
Edit2: Cool seems all my other configs and such work, my mIRC.ini just killed itself. Wonderful.

Last edited by Westy543; 23/01/11 10:57 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Type //echo -a $mircdir while in mIRC and see if the path matches the one you posted. If not, then your mIRC.ini file is being accessed from another location... just edit/overwrite that one.

If the mIRC.ini file is indeed corrupted from your crash, which can happen as it can with any software running during a crash, then delete the file and set stuff up again. If you have backups, you can copy/paste the information into the file. It would also be a good idea to run chkdsk on your system.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
Yeah, it's the same directory. I went ahead and redid all my settings and made backups. Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard