mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
I've used mIRC for years. Today, the VGA for my 'old' laptop (WinXP Pro) failed completely & totally frown So, now I have a brand new laptop (Win7).

I had installed mIRC (7.1) on the old laptop about a week or two ago before it failed. So, I installed 7.1 on the new laptop today and copied the *.ini files from the kaput-laptop to the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\ folder. I had removed the old laptop's HDD and was able to use a "USB enclosure" to access its files (at least I was able to get all my XP and data files!!).

But, it seems my somewhat-significant mIRC notification list has disappeared! Is there someway to retrieve the notification list from the dead laptop?

Thanks so much.

Skyhooks

P.S. I read many a topic/post in this particular 'forum' segment before I posted, so I tried not to repeat something already covered.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Did you put the ini-files (first of all: mirc.ini, holds general settings and e.g. the notify list) in the dir that you get for the command:
Code:
//echo -a $mircdir

(mIRC may or may not use the "\roaming\" location, depending (amongst others) on options you picked in the install process)

S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm sure I did. Perhaps gremlins have had their fun with my old laptop, which might explain its VGA failure ;> I rather suspected the notify list would be related to the mirc.ini file. Thanks again.

Link Copied to Clipboard