mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#207876 05/01/09 07:51 PM
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I just moved to a new computer and previously when I right clicked my mouse while highlighting someone's nickname, I got a nice popup menu with options to select, such as whois, finger, etc. Now when I right click, nothing happens and I can't figure out how to configure it so I get that back. It seems that now the only way I can do a whois is to manually type in "/whois" in the bar below.

Any ideas?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Alt+R > Popups > View > Nick List

Is that file empty?

Do you have a [lpopup] section in your popups.ini file found in your mIRC dir?

S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Yes, it's empty and yes I have the popups configuration file in my MIRC directory.

C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
C
Did you move from XP to Vista? i am thinking this is your problem.
In windows Vista if you have UAC(User Account Control) active. mirc is not loading the files in C:\Program Files\mIRC. is trying to load files in app data path witch by default would be...
C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\mIRC

replace user name with your own username

S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Nope. XP Pro. Same system as before and I copied over all my MIRC config and other files from my old computer. I'm baffled by this. I copied all the popup configurations in the way the were in my old computer, and at least now when I right click I'm getting a popup menu, but it's not the correct one. I want the one where when I highlight someone's name and right click I can just select whois (or whatever) and not have to retype their name.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Reinstall mIRC or copy the popups.ini from the "defaults\scripts" directory in the mIRC dir (Appdata directory if it's not in Program Files), and put it in the mIRC directory. You can type //run $mircdir in mIRC to get to this directory. Load the popups in Alt+P (File -> Load...)

These are (as the directory says) the default popups that come with mIRC and should be what you're looking for.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I did it, and the scripts folder after install is completely empty, so when I right click on names, it doesn't do anything at all. Not sure where I got all the scripts to begin with, but I've been copying over these files for like 10 years now...

Any other ideas?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I think there's some sort of miscommunication here. Which scripts folder are you referring to? There are two folders in the root mIRC user directory named "scripts":

mIRC\defaults\scripts\
mIRC\scripts\

You want to copy the scripts from defaults\scripts to scripts\ and then load them. Copying them alone will not make this work, you also need to load them.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
If your popup nicklist section is empty then you won't get a popup menu. Of course if you have menu nicklist { } somewhere else that menu will show. Add soem popup code to your nicklist section of popups or make a menu nicklist event.

menu nicklist {
$$1:clipboard $$1
-
}

Does this show?

Link Copied to Clipboard