mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
I have had the mirc for almost 2 years and all of a sudden i cannot get on. It says i have no registered nick. i neesd a registered nick to get on that channel.I always go in karaoke-realm. Can anyone help?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is a network issue, not a mIRC issue.
When you connect to the network, do you receive a notice that indicates that the nick you are using is registered and asks for a password? If not, then the nick you are using isn't registered, and that channel now requires you to have a nick that is registered on the network.

If your nick isn't registered, the normal format to register a nick is /msg nickserv register <pAsSw0rD> <valid e-mail address>

<pAsSw0rD> may be case sensitive, and may have a minimum number of characters that is required. A valid e-mail address is required on more and more networks, as the registration process is two step.. 1) The request to register the nick (as I posted earlier), and 2) Sending a confirmation code to nickserv, with the confirmation code being generated and e-mailed to you at the address you provided.

Note: not all networks require the confirmation code, and some don't even require the e-mail address, however, as stated, these networks are getting fewer and fewer.

For further assistance with registering your nick or other network services, check with the networks help channel, usually #help

Link Copied to Clipboard