mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I have the "rejoin on connect" and "keep channels open" boxes checked. However, even though the two servers in the network I'm on are, in fact, in the same network, mIRC sees a server change as a network change and closes all my channels. It doesn't do this if I reconnect to the same server, just to a different one in the network.

Is there a way to tell it to never close a channel for any reason unless I specifically tell it? It's really annoying and is the one thing that keeps me from moving from 6.2 to 6.3, since 6.2 was the last version that didn't display this behavior.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
mIRC likely sees connecting to the same server as a 'reconnect', but sees connecting to a different server as a 'new connect'. mIRC has no idea that foo.bar.com and ree.bar.com are part of the same IRC network until the connection has been completed.

-genius_at_work

M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
That's more or less what I thought was happening, yeah. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do to make it stop doing that.

The problem, however, is that when it thinks it changes networks, it "helps" by closing all my channel windows and I couldn't find an option that tells it to knock it off. It's possible that there's no way to get it to stop "helping" you, in which case I think I may need to make a post in the feature suggestion forum...

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
A temporary work-around would be a script that tracks which channels were open when the network disconnects (as returned by $network not $server) and then when that same network is reconnected to, those same channels are auto-joined.

Link Copied to Clipboard