Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
what can % do that + cant do?
what can @ do that % cant do?
what can & do that @ cant do?
what can ~ do that & cant do?

i just wanna know all the differences between them cus i made a private channel and i wanna know who should have what abilities

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is general, as the details can vary depending on the IRCd configuration for the server and/or network.
Usually + (Voices) can voice/devoice others in the channel, but nothing else.
% (half-op/help) can half-op & voice others, as well as having the ability to kick from the channel
@ (ops) can set ops, half-ops * voices, kick, ban, and set the topic (if mode +t is set in the channel)
& and ~ are non-standard characters, so their abilities are controlled by the IRCd configuration.

If you need more assistance, I suggest that you join the network's help channel, usually #help, and enquire of them regarding the specific details.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Voices can't voice other people. Voices can speak on moderated (+m) channels. That is all.
(According to the irc protocol, anyway).

Ops can do everything pretty much - kick, ban, set modes, etc.

Everything else is defined by the ircd.

J
jaredmt Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
im using the cyanide-x.net network
in there ~ = founder
& = admin

so does anyone know the difference between ~ and & in abilities? other than the founder has the password to the channel

also, how do i add someone to the list without giving them voice?
can someone with + invite someone else?

how high do u have to be to add someone to the access list?

Last edited by jaredmt; 19/02/07 03:21 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
These are questions best asked of the IRC network support channel (aka help), usually #help (as I said earlier).

Normally invitations can only be issued by ops (@)

There are different kinds of access lists, and the ability to add/remove/view these lists varies upon how the list is maintained.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
On most networks, this should be accurate (though it does vary):

+ can speak on a moderated (+m) channel
% can voice users. They *may* also be able to change modes (I can't remember)
@ can op, half-op, and voice users and set modes and basically do just about anything
& can do anything an op can do, but usually also has access to SOP/AOP lists
~ has access to everything and cannot be removed from any auto-op lists by anyone other than himself/herself.

In general, + (voice) is just a freebie that you can give out to anyone you want. It's up to you what requirements you want for someone to be voiced. Sometimes, it's used for the regular visitors as kind of a gift for being there on a regular basis. It's really up to you.

% (half-op or helper) is good for someone you want to give minor abilities to without them being able to op/deop the regular ops/admins. It's a good stepping stone on the way to becoming a full op to see if they do things the way you want them to.

@ (op) is for anyone you want to moderate your channel. Make sure they are trustworthy or you could have problems. Also, make sure they know the rules that you want for your channel.

& (admin) is for those you really trust. Mostly, it's just a way to set them above a regular op, similar to how voice is used to set a person above a regular user. But an op cannot deop (deadmin) an admin -- only other admins or the founder can do that.

~ (founder) is only for you or the channel owner.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard