mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#113062 28/02/05 11:37 PM
W
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
W
How do I make it so that every time a certain person joins my chat the become an op without me having to manually do it?

#113063 28/02/05 11:57 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Some networks have Services, usually ChanServ, but it might be something different. The best way to find out is ask in your network's #Help channel and check out the network's website for documents. Your channel needs to be registered with that channel service if you're to use its features. Some networks (for example, IRCnet, EFnet) do not have any channel services. Some info can be found here.

Another way is to use mIRC's internal AOp (Auto Op) list. See /help /aop. Example: /aop *!*arnie@mirc.com #mirc DALnet will make sure anyone joining #mirc on DALnet matching the address *!*arnie@mirc.com will be opped by you, provided you're opped on the channel too.

There is also the scripted method which is fairly redundant given the above, however:

ON @OP:JOIN:#channel:{ mode # +o $nick }

And then use the /auser command to add users to the 'OP' userlist. See /help /auser (also see /guser) and /help ON JOIN.

Obviously if your network hasn't got channel services and you have to rely on client-side opping, the user will not be opped when you're not present in the channel or opped yourself.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard