Print Thread
#31463 22/06/03 03:44 PM
F
festher Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
ok im trying to connect to 2 nets and a few channels on startup, a very difficult task.... ive always had an issue about this ever since i wanted to do it without alias and scripting.

a newbie like me would go into files/connect and add the servers if they are not there in this case irc stratic.com, since quakenet is there i would leave it like that and go into "perform" and click "add" then add the 2 servers. but this is not possible for for some reason added servers (irc.stratic.com) does not show up on that list, ive checked the servers.ini and its there so ive no clue where this list is from. this would be the first error i guess, added servers are not in the perform/server list....

ok so ask here instead so i can get some leet command since irc is not able to do this in any other way.

/server irc.server1.com -j #autojoin1,#autojoin2,#autojoin3
/server -m irc.server2.com -j #autojoin1,#autojoin2,#autojoin3

i was supposed to put this in perform. so i did and enabled it. quitted mirc and started to test. Nothing happen... absolutely nothing. perform was enabled with server info and... oh ill try mark "connect on startup" so i did and something happen but not really what i wanted because now mirc tried to connect to the server in the window in "connect" which happen to be "Random US dalnet server" hmmm second error i guess.

oh well, reinstalled mirc and during reinstall i removed "backup my existing mirc file, settings etc" and started mirc again, i did not connect to "Random US dalnet server" however:

this was still in my perform..wtf?! 4th error? i dont know to me this should be long gone. anyway i reinstalled mirc again but first i removed EVERYTHING first.

now i didn’t really trust this to work so i just pasted the answer into "perform" with out editing the real servers:

wiiee mirc actually tried to connect to irc.server1.com so i edited the server name from irc.server1.com to irc.quakenet.org and restarted mirc. mirc started and connected to, or tried to... irc.server1.com... wtf?! 5th error?

i made sure everything was disabled in both perform and auto connect and started over, but no matter what i do, its trying to connect to irc.server1 even its long gone...sigh!

im a stupid newbie nevertheless im feeling like a genius when i suggest you to make a better and easier way to configure auto connection to more than 1 net and more than 1 channel?

right this minute i edited the tester server name to irc.quakenet.org.com which it cannot connect to, of course not because its a wrong server:

* Connecting to irc.quakenet.org.com (6667)
-
* Unable to connect (Connection refused)

but its 15minutes since i removed that name and changed it with the right irc.quakenet.org but still mirc wanna connect to irc.quakenet.org.com.. Please!

#31464 22/06/03 05:48 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Put this in Remotes (Alt+R):
on *:start:{
server irc.server1.com -j #autojoin1,#autojoin2,#autojoin3
server -m irc.server2.com -j #autojoin1,#autojoin2,#autojoin3
}

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#31465 23/06/03 09:50 AM
F
festher Offline OP
OP Offline
F
i did and it dosent work, nothing happens, NOTHING. if i mark "connect on startup" something happens but not what i want, its connecting to the server that is showing in the "connect" window....

if there is something else i need to do after i paste that in (alt+r) then please say so...

#31466 23/06/03 11:37 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Type /remote on

mIRC should echo something like '* Remote is on (Ctcps,Events,Raw)'

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#31467 23/06/03 12:44 PM
F
festher Offline OP
OP Offline
F
thx alot !

#31468 23/06/03 05:49 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Just a couple things to note:
the odds of being able to connect to Random USDALnet (irc.dal.net) are slim to none due to the way they have set it to resolve, use a specifc DALnet server.

Its hard to keep the server list current, as networks add and remove servers on a regular basis. Its always best to go to the website for the network you want to join to be sure you know the current servers. You can add the ones you want in file/options/connect, click on add

Connection Refused prolly means the server is full. Try another on that network or a different server port (many have more than one)

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#31469 23/06/03 07:00 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
yeah, keeping up with working servers can be a PITA. I guess the key is that when you finally do connect, add all the servers into your ini file frequently (once a week let's say) to make sure you have a "current" listing.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#31470 24/06/03 02:32 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hmm, or Khaled could update mIRC more frequently, while bringing us fresh servers.ini files. wink

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#31471 24/06/03 03:04 AM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
He could setup servers.ini online, so that it checks for the latest version every time you load mIRC! Hehe.

-------------
I am the self-appointed God of needlessly complex mIRCscript.
#31472 24/06/03 05:14 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
or u could download the new servers ini on your own? i mean thats not a hard task to do

D3m0nnet.com
#31473 24/06/03 06:12 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
You can check mIRC's website for releases of updated servers.ini, one was put up the end of april.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard