Print Thread
#13771 02/03/03 11:00 AM
M
MaxeY Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
M
How can i echo all of my status-windows in one single @window? I tried the following code:

on *:NOTICE:*:*:{
.echo @window $1-
}

But it only resluted in showing me the notices in one window.... I want all the information from all of my status-windows to appear in this single window? grin

---------------
As Far As I Know, there is one positive thing about life......

It ends... laugh
V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
try "halting default text" section in the help file smile

And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, a soul to dig the hole much deeper
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Code:
ON ^*:NOTICE:*:?: {
  if (@Window == $null) {
    window -enk0 @Window
    echo $colour(notice) -t @Window - $+ $nick $+ - $1-
  }
  else {
    echo $colour(notice) -t @Window - $+ $nick $+ - $1-
  }
  haltdef
}
As for the rest of the information, it will depend on what else you have sent there. Please note that there is some events that cannot be shifted to other windows or haltdef'd such as:

***Connecting to blah blah blah
***Disconnected
***Local host darkside.nsw.iserv.com.au
***Listing channels
***End of channel list

...and one or two others.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You could try this alias..

Code:
status_to_window {
  if ($line(status window,0) > $line($$1,0) {
    echo -ti2 $1 $line(status window,$ifmatch)
  }
}

..then use .timer.status_to_window 0 0 status_to_window <@your_window_here>.

That piece of code checks if the number of lines of the status window equals the number of lines of your @window. If it doesn't, we know something new appeared there; then, it passes the new line to your @window. The timer checks it everytime, so the @window is updated whenever a new line appears.

There might exist disadvantages in this method, though.

Coloured messages, for example, will only be copied coloured as well if the ctrl+k code is there. So, if you use something like echo 4 -s blah, it won't recognize it's red because there isn't a ctrl+k code in the line. Same goes for mIRC's default messages, like "* Disconnected" and so on. You might want to use $color(info) in the /echo command, or another parameter that I didn't put - look at the help file if you don't know how to use these.

Plus, I cant guarantee it will work 100% (it might lose track of some lines if the status window is heavily updated) nor that it won't slow things down. Just guesses, though, based on my previous experiences with timers, which are from old mIRC 5.91. I didn't test it now based on this probable issue, so test it very well before using it, if so.

Anyway, just another idea to think about.

* cold edits his posts 24/7

Link Copied to Clipboard