mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#155499 07/08/06 06:51 AM
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
What do guys think would be a good wiki software to use for organizing notes, etc on a website project. We're currently in the idea stage and not all of us are on at the sametime. I figured a wiki and a forum would be a good idea, but i'm having trouble choosing a good Wiki CMS, any suggestions?

#155500 07/08/06 07:17 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Personally, I don't have a clue, however, doing a quick search using google did bring up the following
Quote:
It is hard to determine which wiki engines are the most popular, although a list of leading candidates might include UseMod, TWiki, MoinMoin, PmWiki and MediaWiki (Google trend history comparison). A list of some of those available is included below, and another can be found at Wiki:WikiEngines.

Some wiki software is not intended for collaborative work, but for either content management or for personal information organising. Examples are AcroWiki or wikipad for Palm OS, Tomboy and Zim Wiki for Linux, ConnectedText and wikidPad for Windows, and ZuluPad for Mac OS X and Windows.

Quoted from Wikipedia

#155501 07/08/06 06:27 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I have been using mediawiki myself and I think it's fine and can be customized quite well (though I haven't spend much time on it...)

I also think it's the most used system so it's easier to get people to work with it if they are already known to the wiki system.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
#155502 07/08/06 08:27 PM
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Yeah, MediaWiki was my first choice, but it requires PHP5, and upgrading to PHP5 currently isn't possible for me. I found a comparsion on the different wiki software's so i'm checking that out now..

Link Copied to Clipboard