mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#148271 02/05/06 07:56 PM
W
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
My mate has directed me here in hope of some help!

My younger sister is being bullied via IM and some1 has hacked her MSN account!! I need to find the IP address of MSN Instant Messages to track who hacked it have who is bullying her?!!? any ideas?

#148272 02/05/06 08:04 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I feel bad about your sister and all but this is the wrong approach. I'd go to here and see what help they can give. There was a site to go on, basically get her to give details on the personal question she chose.

Assuming the guy didn't change that. If he did try contacting MSN regarding this issue I remember last year the same thing happened to my mate and had to give details about his address, his last known login time, his password and such like that. Other than that you can't do anything.

Some alleged hackers claim they hacked MSN accounts but really I think it's because the user spilled information about their password/secret question.

This may sound a tad harsh but what he did I don't think it's breaking the law if she actually gave him the information.

Nonetheless we supprt mIRC related issues here not MSN. I hope this post helped.

-Andy

#148273 02/05/06 08:31 PM
W
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
Thanks!! i am sorry to ask here!! just need some real help!

#148274 02/05/06 08:39 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
At the end of the day, it's an e-mail address and you are not limited as to how many hotmail accounts you have. If you can't get it back for her, make a new account. Make sure you make a _strong_ password and when you choose a secret question/answer have something like.

Q. What's my favorite food?
A. I like to pick my nose

It's gross but effective. shocked

And should this happen again somehow, your sister will tell them her favorite food and it will be wrong!

In any case, if this does happen again and they succeed. Be sure to save her contact list on a regular basis, so you can import on another address.

Contacts > Save Contact List...
Contacts > Import Contacts from a File...

Best of luck.

-Andy

Link Copied to Clipboard