mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#88936 03/07/04 05:13 AM
C
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
If i am expecting a file to be sent by someone, how can i automatically recieve this file so i don't have to manually select "recieve" (or Resume) which would require me to be at the computer during the time of the arrival?

#88937 03/07/04 05:29 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You can automatically recieve files however the degree of changes depends on the filetype your accepting.. for example:

Firstly, to prevent the "accept dcc" dialog from appearing, ALT+O - DCC - Select the 'Auto-Get File' and 'Minimize' options at the top of the dialog. Note this is also where your resume settings are, you can select either Resume or Override for it to be done automatically.

Secondly, depending on the filetype, you may or maynot be required to stop mIRC from automatically ignoring it, as is the case with .exe, .bat. ect files. To do so goto, ALT+O - DCC - IGNORE and depending on the file set the options accordingly.. You can:

Either, set it so that the filetype is an "accept only" filetype and as a result isnt blocked..

Or, set it so it doesnt appear in the "block only" filetypes..

Or, turn off the block entirely. using "disable" (if done, be sure to Uncheck "turn back on in X minutes" or edit if you can so it turns it back on at the right time (upto 60 minutes).

Also, depending on the network (if bahamut) you may be required to /dccallow +nickname which again depends on what filetypes the network is configured to "block" before hand.

Also in ALT+O - DCC there is a "trusted user" area where you can set the persons host/ip/nick if you actually know them and it doesnt change frequently (i.e. dynamic). If it is dynamic be sure to wildcard it.

Eamonn.

#88938 03/07/04 05:31 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
If you open the mIRC options dialog, under the DCC section you can enable auto-get and add nicknames to a 'trusted' list.

Link Copied to Clipboard