mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
DAVICO Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
Hola, necesito ayuda en español en este FORO, mi problema es que al instalar la version 6.03 que descargue de la web www.mirces.com el per antivirus version 8.20 lo reconoce como virus pero no pasa lo mismo con la version 6.1 quisiera saber cual es el problema, espero sus respuestas bye bye

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G'day. Can you please repeat your question in English? In the meantime, and by having a really wild guess it looks like you are saying that your AV software has found that mIRC is a virus. It's not. The AV software is giving you a false-positive. If the case is that my Spanish ain't what it ought to be then maybe someone else can answer for you.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Babelfish translation seems to work pretty well on this post..

It looks like he is downloading a translated version of mIRC which is being detected as a virus.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Muchos usuarios ya han reportado esto en el pasado; pero no te preocupes, porque mIRC no es ningún virus. Tu antivirus sólo te está dando una falsa positiva.

Esto ya ha sido reportado también a las compañías cuyos antivirus detectaban a mIRC como un virus.

Intenta actualizar tu antivirus, ya que es muy probable que eso corrija el error.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
(general reply):

Interesting website, I had no idea translated versions of the site existed. Though, I'm kind of curious why www.mirces.com instead of www.mirc.co.es or even cheaper http://es.mirc.com

Who maintains this website, and are there any others like it?

- Raccoon

Edit: Nevermind, I see it further down on the translations page. Would be cool if Khaled offered hosting of these translations from his own webserver and domain, just to offer a little more peace of mind in authenticity... especially when registering from these sites (anyone can create their own paypal account and link to it).

Last edited by Raccoon; 21/09/03 09:04 AM.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You have a point. http://www.mirc.co.uk/en/ and http://www.mirc.co.uk/es/ looks alot safer.

D
DAVICO Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
Traducción en el babelfish sobre mi problema:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I need aid in Spanish in this FORUM, my problem is that when installing the version 6.03 that unloads of the Web www.mirces.com per antivirus version 8.20 it recognizes it as virus but does not happen the same with version 6.1 wanted to know as it is the problem, I wait for its answers bye bye

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Strider acabo de actualizar el Per Antivirus ahora es la version 8.30 , me aparece esto:

Detalles sobre última infección

21/9/2003 9:28:26 'Backdoor/IRC.mirc' detectado en c:\mirc\mirc.exe

Al intentar instalar la versión 6.03 que baje de la web: www.mirces.com , me podrían ayudar con algunas URL para descargar la versión 6.03, no quiero la 6.1 sino la anterior

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strider I finish updating the Per Antivirus now is version 8.30, appears to me this: Details on last infection 21/9/2003 9:28:26 ' Backdoor/IRC.mirc' detected in c:\mirc\mirc.exe When trying to install the version 6,03 that lowers of the Web: www.mirces.com, could help me with some URL to unload version 6,03, I do not want the 6,1 but the previous one

Before when installing version 6,03 not me salia as virus that happens to me at the moment

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If your AV software is PC Cillin then the alert is a false-positive. Just wait till new virus signatures are released and the problem should go away. If it doesn't then submit popups.ini to the makers of PC Cillen and ask them to have a look at it. They can then make the required adjustments to their signatures.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
It appears that his AV is not PC-Cillin, but instead something called Per Antivirus, and according to him, he just downloaded the newest virus definitions, and it still detected mIRC as a virus (well not exactly, but as a trojan). This is what he got:

21/9/2003 9:28:26 'Backdoor/IRC.mirc' detectado en c:\mirc\mirc.exe

DAVICO:

Descarga la versión en Inglés que se encuentra en http://www.mirc.com/get.html para ver si recibes la misma alerta de virus.

Si la recibes, entonces avísanos para reportar este error en el foro correspondiente y asegurárnos de que el autor de mIRC reporte esto a la compañía que creó tu Antivirus. O también puedes mandar un correo electrónico tú a la compañía que creó tu Antivirus explicándoles la situación para que corrijan el error.

Pero primero tenemos que asegurarnos de que la versión en español no contenga algo raro.

Last edited by Strider; 21/09/03 04:30 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thankyou for the clarification. Sometimes I wish I was multi-lingual grin

Link Copied to Clipboard