mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
Ok in my ports box when i connect to irc....its says things like net controller, the thief, multidropper, could be chode, remote storm, and one time even striker trojan popped up!!! So i looke up striker trojan and it says it can can crash your whold system, so i ran my ez armor and it dident find anything.....when those names come up in the ports box...does that mean you have that?? Alos I dl the new service pack 2, and I allowed mirc but I dont know how to close off certain ports.....another thing.....1 time i dident allow mirc and it still connected!! Why is that...??I know this alot of info but Im new to this so somebody pleaze help me as I put a lot of time and work in my comp just to see it crashed.Any help would be appreciated.Thank you

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
scripts that check for ports are basically useless. They only check for ports that are in use, which can be open or listening. windows itself has many ports set to listening and if you've checked with your virus scanner and found nothing, don't worry.

P
OP Offline
P
ok whew.....thanks man....thanks for taking the time to help me....im finding out alot of irc people dont like helping anybody new out...appreciate it

Link Copied to Clipboard