Print Thread
#99864 06/10/04 07:07 PM
C
chocobo Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
I use mIRC fairly often, but I have yet to pay the $20 registration fee. I know that $20 is not a huge amount, but it's a significant amount to me and if that fee was required for mIRC to work, I would switch to using another IRC client.

However, I wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks Khaled's way, since mIRC has been useful to me for a long time... and I don't think I'm the only one who would be willing to send some amount, just not $20.

So I was wondering if Khaled (or anyone else who works with mIRC) has thought of having a temporary sale on registering mIRC? I think there are a lot of people who never registered who would decide to do it, and there would be a lot of money to be gained from it. I guess it's a little unfair to the people who just recently paid $20, but overall I think it would be a good idea.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
If you cannot afford to pay it in your current situation, no-one is going to kill you, if Khaled simply made mIRC stop working after your trial period, that would be another matter, I believe the general idea is that eventually you should pay for it, if you believe your getting 'value for money'.

However, you will find (by visiting the 'payment page/main page', that khaled runs charity registrations, whereby it will either be $20 which will goto charity, or alternatively he will allow you to specify an amount between $10 - $30 as i recall.

Eamonn.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Quote:
However, I wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks Khaled's way, since mIRC has been useful to me for a long time... and I don't think I'm the only one who would be willing to send some amount, just not $20.

So how Long does it take to save up $20 ? whats a long time to you? a year? five ? ten ?

Quote:
I believe the general idea is that eventually you should pay for it, if you believe your getting 'value for money'.

Unless you live in some poverty stricken place like Ethiopia, wich i highly doubt since you obviously have internet access, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't pay the man...cmonnnnn $20 for a life subscription, and you would have us believe it's too much ?...err pull the other one

Price ranges oh thats a laugh. That's just like saying Oh yeah these fools work hard for their money let them pay $20, and if any of you others are too lazy to work, or too miserable to send $20, well just send what you like and to blazes with the honest people of the world

ScoT
#mIRC Undernet

Give a man a fish feed him for a day, Teach him to fish, feed him for life
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
Price ranges oh thats a laugh. That's just like saying Oh yeah these fools work hard for their money let them pay $20, and if any of you others are too lazy to work, or too miserable to send $20, well just send what you like and to blazes with the honest people of the world

- What's wrong with giving a range of prices? If you feel you're being screwed that some people are paying the minimum registration fee then why don't you pay that much also? Believe it or not but $20 really is a lot of money in some parts of the world. And being in a country where wages are low and living is cheap doesn't preclude the possibility of internet availability.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Quote:
What's wrong with giving a range of prices? If you feel you're being screwed that some people are paying the minimum registration fee then why don't you pay that much also?

I told you on my post what i think is wrong with it, and I for one never ever felt i was being screwed, i paid my $20 happily, because its a damn reasonable price for software and if you think you are being screwed for $20 for a one off lifetime fee you only need remove mIRC from the PC simple as that

ScoT
#mIRC Undernet

Give a man a fish feed him for a day, Teach him to fish, feed him for life

Link Copied to Clipboard