H
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
hello everyone.

i've been searching the forum and google over, but couldnt
get an answer for this.

the thing is, is it possible to tell if someone is behind firewall?

i'm currrently behind SOCK4 firewall, i just want to know if anyone is able to see my real ip or know that im behind firewall (not by snicking into the porxy server ofcourse, but by using some kind of script, addon, command or anything)

thanks alot in advance. grin

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
As far as I am aware, no smile - Nothing in /whois would give that away, except maybe the fact that IdentD may not be set up properly so you have the tilde (~) which often signifies if someone is behind a firewall, but it's not a certainty, it could be a large number of issues that cause that.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
E
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
E
For most firewalls all they'd have to do is ping you... when they get request timed out it's more or less a dead giveaway that you're behind a firewall. Not sure why that's a BAD thing though... most firewalls let you control this type of behavior, turning ICMP echo on or off in their configuration settings. I'm NOT talking about the ping command in mirc, I mean someone actually typing "PING yourhost" in a DOS window. Of course if you're on a network that masks or hides your IP in some way, then this wouldn't work (because they couldn't get your IP/host to know what to ping)

Erusun
Asst Lead Customer Service Coordinator
Stratics IRC Network
irc.stratics.com
H
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
Thanks a bunch everyone, thats all i can say, wish i had something more to say.

Cheers cool

Link Copied to Clipboard