mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
idea Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
I use at least 10 channels on 2 networks, making it difficult to quickly locate windows. Especially when I have queries and other windows open.

This is what I suggest: A feature (toggable) that will allow a user to double click on the Network's window to hide all subwindows belonging to it. This will help cleanup the switchbar so you can pay attention to the network that is currently active.

Please let me know what you think. In reality, I am just looking for a way to better manage all of these open windows in the switchbar. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited by idea; 02/10/04 04:48 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Did you know you can press ALT+Left-Click on a Status window in the switchbar to roll all of the windows belonging to that status window into one button in the switchbar? Do it again to expand the list.

You may want to see /help key combinations for other useful shortcuts you can use.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
I
idea Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Nope, I did not know that... but I wanted to have it done automatically. Check this out:

on *:appactive:set %appactive 1
on *:active:*:{
if (($activecid != $lactivecid) && (!%appactive)) {
var %l = 1
while ($chan(%l)) { window -w $chan(%l) | inc %l }
var %l = 1
while ($query(%l)) { window -w $query(%l) | inc %l }
scid $lactivecid
var %l = 1
while ($chan(%l)) { window -h $chan(%l) | inc %l }
var %l = 1
while ($query(%l)) { window -h $query(%l) | inc %l }
}
unset %appactive
}

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Im on one network but in 13 rooms and I have another say 15 windows open along with a few private messages.(The other windows are oper windows like Clients) I found it easier if I put the channel/switchbar to the left and increase the width to 99 which is its limit(which I wish could be increased a little more)

Link Copied to Clipboard