Print Thread
#99523 02/10/04 02:47 PM
T
Toxyc Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
I wrote an addon, which halts displaying text. In a default mirc, it works correctly, but in scripts (for exapmle in extreme, noname script, etc.) it just won't work. It doesn't halt the text from displaying.

I use this kind of code:
on ^1:text:*:#: {
... commands ...
/halt
}

This .mrc file is the first in the order list in the script editor window.
How can I halt the script totally?

#99524 02/10/04 03:10 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
When you halt an event in that remote file it moves onto the next one in the order and continues processing. So it's likely that the script's own text event is being triggered with its own customizations taking place. What you can do is go through the script adding the & prefix to the text events that you don't want triggered when you use /halt in your own text event.

So on ^*:text: becomes on &^*:text which prevents that event from triggering if /halt or /haltdef was used in a similar event in a previously processed file

#99525 02/10/04 04:00 PM
T
Toxyc Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Thanks for your help, but I think, I can't do that. I wanted to publish this addon file, and tested it on several common scripts wether it's working or not. I can solve the problem with this "&" correction, but for myself only. I can not modify other user's scripts. :-/
Thanks anyway. If you have any other idea how to solve this problem, I would greet it smile

Link Copied to Clipboard