mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#98262 22/09/04 02:02 AM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Running mIRC 6.16, Omenserve 2.44 and Autoget 7.21. I cannot get it to send. Running Windows XP, SP-2, Firewall turned off.

#98263 22/09/04 05:24 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
This forum is intended for people who need help writing script. I doubt you will find the help you seek here as we are not tech support for a script-writer who released a vague or defective script. Your options currently are:

1] get another script that does work
2] read the script's manual to see if it tells you anything you did wrong (like maybe the wrong mIRC version)
3] contact the author and ask him

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#98264 22/09/04 05:41 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
LocutusofBorg:This forum isn't intended for a specific single reason, it doesnt say infact that you must be a scripter and it must be your script to post a question here..

Firemann59: It could very well be an issue with the script, in which case you will either need to remove it, fix it *somehow*, ask the author, get another script, or read the manual/faq if it has one.

However, it maybe an issue with sending in general, try running a BLANK mIRC with no scripts, and default settings and see if you can send files then.

Eamonn.

#98265 22/09/04 06:07 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Coolkill, that doesn't change the fact that it is close to impossible for us to help with 3rd party scripts that the poster did not write, as there are just so many not even all the regulars put together on this board could keep track of them all. I find that 95% of scripts come with documentation anyway, it's just a matter of reading it and following the instructions.

Firemann, I believe that OmenServe have their own forums? Could try checking that out. Also, what do you mean you can't get it to send? Perhaps you have a problem with DCC rather than the script itself? Are you using the latest version of a) mIRC and b) The script?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#98266 22/09/04 06:13 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:
This forum isn't intended for a specific single reason, it doesnt say infact that you must be a scripter and it must be your script to post a question here..

Forum description:

Quote:
Need help perfecting your latest script? Having trouble getting your popups to pop up? This is the place to ask.

New username: hixxy
#98267 22/09/04 06:15 AM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
omenserve isn't really a good script in imo, but for some it does the job i guess. i would suggest looking into a different script. but as to your problem try the blank mirc idea like coolkill suggested and also recheck to make sure that all firewalls are off and if a router is involved make sure it's setup correctly with mirc....

IE: depending on the type on connection you have(specificly dsl) some dsl modems are combo modem/routers.... in which case you would have to have access to the admin commands, if you can change them at all.

i hope this bit of info was at least informative(somewhat).

#98268 22/09/04 06:40 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
A good portion of the questions asked in these forums are regarding 'how to expand on a script' that was originally obtained from these forums in the first place, by definition, it is NOT their script, so we should tell them to go away?

No, but infact we help them expand it, so in the forum description 'your' is merely there to complete the sentence and not to be taken seriously.

Eamonn.

#98269 22/09/04 02:10 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Me personally,

i know i'm still kinda new around the block, but i must say that i agree with coolkill on that.

#98270 22/09/04 04:02 PM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
THANKS BUT NO THANKS! Instead of flaming me for posting in the wrong section, you could have directed me to the correct area. Instead of just criticizing Omenserve, which may not be the best server, you could have suggested better servers. Omenserve is the only one I know about. Now that I have my server working, I can't even help anyone else because this is not the area to talk about it and I don't know where to go.

This whole message sounds very negative. It is! But then so is most of this thread. Maybe everyone should look at the positive aspect of trying to help someone instead of just looking at the negative.

#98271 22/09/04 04:44 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Firemann59,

your right. for myself i appologise, i had criticised omenserve but not have suggested anything else... okay here are some suggestions: invision , sysreset, excursion, polaris..... and there are others that could be found on like say mircscripts.org for example. as for the others i mentioned you can google them or just do a web search......

and as for where the propper place for this post? i would say you should have went into the GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM.

i hope this was some better USEFULL info for ya.
again sorry for the negativity of my response

#98272 22/09/04 06:15 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:
so we should tell them to go away?

I'm not saying that.. i'm saying the forum was originally for help on your own scripts, maybe someone should change the description.

New username: hixxy
#98273 22/09/04 11:07 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
General reply: Maybe my post is invisible?

Quote:
that doesn't change the fact that it is close to impossible for us to help with 3rd party scripts that the poster did not write, as there are just so many not even all the regulars put together on this board could keep track of them all. I find that 95% of scripts come with documentation anyway, it's just a matter of reading it and following the instructions.

I think that's perfectly reasonable..that doesn't mean we tell people to go away, just explain that we can't help with individual scripts in some cases because it's impossible to keep track of them all and know how they are all coded, what versions of mIRC they are made for, etc.. If specific code can be presented, then obviously it's easier.

On the other hand, the forum descriptions are just that, descriptions - they aren't this forum's answer to the ten commandments, although people do like to use them from time to time to be fussy, particularly with the 'general' discussion forum smirk - A question like this is perfectly acceptable in this forum, but people should not be surprised or offended when they get told they'll have to a) be more specific or b) told to get a better script or c) make their own.

Firemann:

Sorry you felt flamed, nobody was trying to insult you. You have posted in the most appropriate section of this forum, but read above...

"you could have directed me to the correct area."

I did say, "I believe that OmenServe have their own forums? Could try checking that out." - Have they not?

On a sidenote, you do realise mIRC has its own built in Fserve, right? You might want to see /help /fserve. Do be aware, mIRC is not a file trading program and for sharing of 'warez'.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#98274 24/09/04 02:32 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
Instead of flaming me for posting in the wrong section, you could have directed me to the correct area.

ok .. a simple search for omenserve in google returns omenscripts forum .
That satisfy you?

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard