Print Thread
#97594 14/09/04 11:34 AM
K
keung Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
K
Is there any other way to identify a change in a dropdown combo item in a dialog? I have three dropdown menus, the third being dependant of which selection made in the second, and the second dependant of which selection made in the first. In other words, if the first is 1, the second will be a,b,c and the third will be u,v,w. If the first is 2, the second will be d,e,f and the third will be x,y,z. These selection can not be mixed, as if the first was 1, the second d,e,f, and the third b,a,h.

Initially, only the first drop down contains data (1,2,3,4,5), and the second and the third is empty. But, when I select something in a regular combo list, it automatically selects one of the items in the first drop down menu, and here I want it to automatically select the items in the following two dropdowns.

BUT - the problem is - I cannot make it work with sclick (because I don't click in the dropdown) to activate the following two dropdown menus, and as it seems, edit wont work either.. So the following two drop down menus stays empty until i manually select the first dropdown item. I want this to be automatically at once when I select an item from the combo list.

I kinda found it hard to explain this one, hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to say here. If not, ask some questions, and I'll answer them as closely as possible!

- keung

#97595 17/09/04 12:03 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
just detect the on sclick event from the selection in combo 1 and rebuild the combo list #2, and again after choosing in 2, rebuild combo 3 list. And while you are waiting for his selections you can disable the other combos until he has made his choice in #1, after you can "unlock" #2, and after #3 so that way he needs to go in order to pick all 3.

Link Copied to Clipboard