mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
is it possible to use multiple servers with different idents for each server with mIRC?

if so, how?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You can type /server -n and then /identd on NewIdentHere and then connect to the server you want.

Afaik, there is not a switch to change identd with /server.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
set identd to "use id from email address", with this use the -i switch for /server, it will take the email you specify as ident.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Yeah, good thinkin' smile - Still, changing the actual 'IdentD' part of mIRC options is what I was thinkin' about.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
i still cant get the ident to change. it stays the same as the one i'm using on my primary network. could someone please give me a more detailed way of changing my ident for a new server whilst already connected to one server.

P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
*bump*

any help with this? i tried the above suggestions and it tells me the identd has changed but when i connect its still the same as my primary network.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You need to change the IdentD before connecting to the network, otherwise it won't change. So you need to use /server -n and then /identd on newidenthere, in that order, and then /server again to connect.

If it's not changing, then you may well have a problem with identd so the server is just using your email one regardless - do you have a tilde (~) before your identd when you connect?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard