mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
dcloud Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
I am trying to register my nickname on mIRC, but I am unsure how to do this. I have asked in some of the rooms on mIRC and I get many different answers. The main gist is to type the following:

/nick REGISTER [password] [email]

-or-

Syntax: REGISTER Password Password E-Mail

I am just wondering which one is correct. I have tried them both and nothing happens. I also am confused as to what words I need to replace with my own info.

I have also learned that if you type this in on one sever, it doesn't mean your info is registered on all the servers - just the one you registered on.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

D
DV8 Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
You don't register your nick with mIRC. mIRC is an IRC client that connects you to an IRC server on an IRC network. There are many IRC networks to choose from. Some have nick reg services, some don't. If you register your nick on one network it WILL NOT carry over to another network. A good place to start is the server's MOTD (Message Of The Day) in the Status window when you connect. They usually tell you what services they have, if any, and how to use them. If you still need help, join one of the help channels on that network.

Last edited by DV8; 10/09/04 08:35 AM.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Registration of the Nickname is a IRC Network function. If the network supports registration they have a process to do it. I would suggest you look for a website associated with the network you are trying to register your nickname on. On that website should be an area for Network services, and in the services area, a help file for how to register for the network. Since there are many different networks, and as many different registration pricesses as there are networks (almost) this is the only logical way to resolve your issue unless you identify the network on which your trying to register your nick.

Hope this helps,

HorseC

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!

Link Copied to Clipboard