[polloption=John Kerry (D)]
[polloption=George W. Bush (R)]
[pollstop]

E
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
Argh. Why does that not work? Anyways, John Kerry please.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
DOn't bring politic where it shouldn't me. There is no reason for this, other than to start a really large debate over which is worse/better. Can a mod delete this now, and just end it? I'd rather not wait 5 pages later (after much biickering/swearing), then finally see the "This thread has gotten out of hand" post, followed by the lock.

-KingTomato
E
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
First of all, this is the 'General Discussion' forum, and which, correct me if I'm wrong, means that this is for general topics. As we all know, this falls into the general topic category. Not only that, but in my opinion, this is one of the most important elections in the history of the United States, and the future of the world. And regarding 'Can a mod delete this now, and just end it? I'd rather not wait 5 pages later (after much biickering/swearing), then finally see the "This thread has gotten out of hand" post, followed by the lock.', I doubt anyone has a gun to your head and is forcing you to read this topic.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"Why does that not work?"

From the Forum FAQ:

Only admins and moderators may use this feature."

"First of all, this is the 'General Discussion' forum, and which, correct me if I'm wrong, means that this is for general topics."

Yes, but you and your friends have decided to take this idea to the extreme to deliberately try and prove a point. People here, including myself, are not stupid, and realise this. Politics is also a very sensitive topic, and I have seen several threads related to politics (and actually, specifically related to George Bush etc.) on other websites get out of hand. It's almost impossible not to at some point, because it's something where people will have very divided ideas, and will most likely not understand how another person can think.

That said, provided an argument is not stemmed from this post by you defending yourself or something, and debate actually stays on the topic of this thread, I see little reason (yet) to lock it. It won't reach 5 pages though, and will be watched carefully. And it hasn't got off to a good start!

"I doubt anyone has a gun to your head and is forcing you to read this topic."

No, however, I know several forum regulars (including myself) find it almost impossible not to click a thread when there's a little red number next to it smirk - and anyway, people care about this forum and what appears on it, and we don't need forum flame threads, period. We've had too many in the past.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
I just love people who automatically assume they are the centre of the universe. The title "Election 2004" makes an assumption that everyone here will automatically make the connection.

Not only do I know about the election in the US (because I know that my own little suburb is not the centre of the universe), but I also know of at least two other elections that are occuring! And John Kerry and George Bush (despite what the popular media may suggest) do not have any influence over them.

I know that this doesn't really add anything to a mIRC discussion, but I feel a lot better for getting it off my chest!

Cheers,

DK

Darwin_Koala

Junior Brat, In-no-cent(r)(tm) and original source of DK-itis!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
1a. Not intended as an attack on America but I, for one don't care who wins there, though I would suggest the old addage of 'Better the devil you know'.
1b. I live in Australia and we have our own "Election 2004" happening, to me and not necessarily yourself or some other people, it is more relevant.
2. If you want to be involved in Politics then visit my site regularly (URL in my profile) - there is plenty of politics and the associated bitching that goes with it there.
3. Why don't you lose the childish link in your signature? It doesn't seem to impress anyone.

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Are you asking for a forum ban?

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
and WHEN it gets out of hand you should intervene. but it has not yet. just supporting mentality on that one.

but. while we are on the subject. im voting for kerry

1) I dont like bush
2) i dont like kerry
3) what got me interested is kerry is going to reverse the ban on stem cell research which i support 100% even if he does cap the amount of funding

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
Why would you support the ban on something that can one day give people a second chance at life?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
He said he supported Kerry who wants to reverse the ban on stem cell research.

Or to put it into terms more understandable to IRCers:
* JohnKerry sets mode: -b stem!cell@research

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
lol grin

Link Copied to Clipboard