Print Thread
#96992 07/09/04 08:36 AM
J
jayce Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
I've been trying to connect to irc.idigital-web.com for the last few hours, and it's driving me batty. Things I have discovered in these few hours:

1. The problem is *probably* caused by my new cable which was installed today. I did a little regress and 56k worked dandy.
2. I can connect to other servers fine. I tried irc.somethingawful.com and it connected straight away, no problems.
3. Changing ports doesn't seem to help, no matter how broad the range.
4. Disabling the XP firewall doesn't do nuthin.
5. I can't ping idigital through cmd whatsoever
6. And the most important one. idigital is not experiencing problems. There are bunches of people there, and no one else is having issues.

[20:25] * Connecting to irc.idigital-web.com (6668)
-
[20:25] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
[20:25] * Connect retry #1 irc.idigital-web.com (6665)
-
[20:25] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
[20:25] * Connect retry #2 irc.idigital-web.com (6666)
-
[20:26] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
[20:26] * Connect retry #3 irc.idigital-web.com (6669)
-
[20:26] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
[20:26] * Connect retry #4 irc.idigital-web.com (6665)
-
[20:27] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
[20:27] * Connect retry #5 irc.idigital-web.com (6666)

(etc etc)

Firewall: XP Firewall (disabled)
AV: Nortons 2004
mIRC: v6.14
Me: frazzled

I've tweaked and fiddling with mIRC and network settings, and nothing seems to help. Someone, please help me, this is driving me insane.

Thanks in advance frown
Jayce

P.S I have chocolate for whoever can solve this

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
i am going to assume that when u have your cable connection connected that since you cannot ping that also, you cannot use the web browser. in which case. your internet isnt turned on or hooked up right. make sure the little lights on your cable modem are flashing. or as i have noticed. some cable modems have on/off or standby buttons. make sure it is turned on.

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
J
jayce Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
My cable connection is working fine and dandy, I can access everything I normally access (web, pop mail, ftp) and I can access a different IRC server, just not this one in particular (which is the important one, as I'm an oper).

I have a sneaking suspicion that the issue lies on my ISP end, that they've blocked idigital for some reason, as I cannot access idigital's site either (www.idigital-web.com).

I was on hold to them for 45 minutes last night, and didn't get a person to talk to, so I'm going to try again later. Basically I'm just wondering if I've overlooked something on the mIRC side of things which might be preventing me from accessing this server when using my cable connection.

Jayce

Link Copied to Clipboard