Print Thread
#96388 01/09/04 12:07 PM
K
Krayzee Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
I would like to see a new more compact DCC Send Window.

this would help remove some of the clutter from the switch bar.

#96389 01/09/04 03:12 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
If you dont like the dcc bar being cluttered, dont send as many files at once, or, increase the switchbar width to perhaps 2 lines, thus giving you ample room.

Also, DCC is as a means of sending "a few" files, not for mass file sending/recieving (for whatever reasons), in addition, DCC is built "on to" mIRC, mIRCs sole purpose is not to accomdate mass file sending/receving.

Furthermore, if you dont like the bars, then "hide" them, using /window -h.

Eamonn.

#96390 02/09/04 10:54 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
thats one of the most negitive replies i have ever read, his suggestion of having an option for a combined dcc get/sends window is a resonable request, any taskbar that gets cluttered with things should and can be cleaned up with little to no effort. If someone was so inclided they could of course script that window pretty easy, so whether it sould be a feature or a addon is up for debate.

#96391 02/09/04 11:43 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
The reply was not suppose to be negative, however it was suppose to point out the fact that just because your sending to many files, and your switchbar is getting cluttered up doesnt mean that the program should be changed in any way, shape or form, to accomodate you.

Eamonn.

#96392 02/09/04 05:10 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
you may also be in like 20 different channels on 3 networks and have like 1 or 2 dcc sends/gets which i can agree with. because being a webmaster for a couple major websites. i work with network teams and we use the dcc function quite alot

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
#96393 04/09/04 12:22 AM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
I like it. Same goes for the receiving window too

#96394 04/09/04 05:17 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
i believe it read as negitive, the suggestion in the feature suggestions forum, was just that a suggestion.

He gave alternative reasoning not just "I want" but "well uncluter the switchbar", and its not like it would be hard to do, i do it to mine just from a script.

I only bothered to continue this reply, not really aimed at you but rather a general hit at all those who seem to think someone is trying jumping the shark, when ever they make a suggestion concerning file transfers.

I have my own wants for it and dont really see why it wouldnt be hard to do and that would be "dcc resume with backup a bit and make sure the files the same", ie: dont resume at the length you have, but rather say 8k back from that, and compare the last 8k of your file with the 8k your just getting. Easy to do wont break the dcc file transfer system or anything.

PS: yes i know dcc resume cuts 8k off for packet integrity reasons, im meaning 8k beyond that. (or what ever size would be considered enough for a comparison)

#96395 04/09/04 01:21 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I don't see any particularly 'negative' posting in this thread or others. Several suggestions were made as to what current mIRC features you could use rather than needing some new one incorporated. And it was stated that DCC is for sending 'a few' files, not loads and loads (not often enough to become annoying anyway).

And as I see it, the 'lines' option for the switchbar is exactly there to help with switchbar clutter.

If there is a simple/easy scripted workaround, then it's less likely something is going to be incorporated (common sense tells us anyway). If you have a way to workaround it however, there's nothing wrong with posting what that is - it helps the person after all. It doesn't make it less likely that Khaled is going to incorporate something for the next version.

Might do everyone a favour to read the friendly reminder at the top of this forum.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard