Print Thread
#95698 26/08/04 02:52 PM
J
Jedie Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
J
How to customize an IRCD, Like add some stuff from Unrealircd, to bahamut,etc,if so how pls. Thx!

msg $active $me is cool.
#95699 26/08/04 03:04 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
If your asking the question, you wont be able to do it.

You cannot, take from unreal and add the code in bahamut and by some miracle it will work, if you want features from unreal in bahamut you will need to do the following;

1. Learn advanced C. (takes months if not years).
2. Download Bahamut.
3. Study and edit the source code of Bahamut accordingly.
4. Recompile Bahamut.

You can however download Unreal and look at the coding and get some "ideas" but you cannot just copy/paste since they are coded completely differently.

Eamonn.

#95700 26/08/04 06:10 PM
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
That is true but you can always get "modules" for unreal's ircd and request some to be made to replicate other ircds

#95701 27/08/04 04:41 AM
I would recommend cookill's method.

An ircd is not a small addon or a scripplet of which you can change a piece of code.

Most of the files are linked together so if you change one thing all other stuff linked to that will and might cause problems.

Then again you need to be good in C as C is the main language the ircd is coded in.

Then again I woundn't advice any newbie todo such a thing, if they want to test yes! surely, but it is not advised to run a major network on as each major network has specialized admins and teams for coding so I think we should leave that to them, unless you are invincible at C! smile

Last edited by awyeah; 27/08/04 04:42 AM.

·awyeah·

--
MSN Messenger: awyeah@awyeah.org
IRC: /server irc.dal.net:6667, Nick:awyeah

Link Copied to Clipboard